Friday, August 21, 2009

Acronym Invention

I've been really annoyed by the fact over the last few months that everyone is broke. Everyone. Myself included. That's the the 'current economic climate' my friends are losing jobs (or job security) being denied bank loans, facing a dole queue, or even just having to curtail their lives a great deal. What sucks most is that it's none of the 20something generation's fault...we have the Boomers and early X cats to thank for this, with their Gordon Gecko love-ins and overuse of Dynasty shoulder pads.

So, in the true spirit of the internet I've started using a new acronym. Fuck the Recession - FTR


eg:

"Hey man, are you coming out clubbing tonight?"

"I can't, I'm totally broke...FTR"


Please feel free to pass it on.

4 comments:

  1. LOL..

    totally will use that and copyright u on this.
    hahah
    so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed. conor. indeed. FTR.

    YAMFB. That stands for You Are My Favorite Blogger. hee!

    Your blogger stalker,
    Nik

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks a million Nik.

    Jen, the copyright totes exists, but feel free to use it!

    ReplyDelete